Monday, March 19, 2012

So Many Blessings

Lori's recovery is going so well! We are so overwhelmed with the tremendous outpouring of love and help we are getting - transportation for the kids to and from school, lunches and dinners and just overall spoiling! How do we even BEGIN to thank everyone?!?!

My mom has been amazing keeping the house running smoothly and spoiling the kids - chocolate for breakfast, sure! Ha! Ha! And my wonderful, amazing, supportive husband who just loves on me and wants to take all of this away. Even the kids are amazing. Madison helps me to the bathroom, takes showers with me and holds all of my "goodies" (OnQ lidocaine bag and drainage tubes) and just loves to be my helper. She is such a caring, empathetic soul. We admire her so much for this! JJ is also helping in his own ways asking how I feel, if it hurts or if I need medicine. He definitely internalized his thoughts but his face shows his great love.

We continue to laugh at those crazy things - taking a shower, brushing teeth, even going #2 has been a hilarious celebration at our house! Those silly things you take for granted right? Heading off for a doctor appointment to plan for the next steps - port insertion, then the chemotherapy...time for HAT SHOPPING - woohoo!